I have three years of experience, including contributing to backends written in Java and Spring, simple Linux system administration, and work great with diverse and distributed teams. I have advanced knowledge in development methodologies, processes, and tools to develop stable, tested, continuously integrated services. I am able to troubleshoot and analyze problems, then research and implement the most cost-effective and responsive solution.
Skills & Tools
- Algorithm analysis and software development, Agile development
- Java, Spring, JUnit, Gradle, Maven, Linux, Git, Bash, Docker, Tomcat, MySQL, MongoDB
Software Engineer (Mar. 2015 - Current)
- Collaborated with team members on national and international levels
- Facilitated the adoption of emerging standards for software architecture and tools
- Introduced best practices to enhance release process and service stability
- Using Java 7 and 8, iterated on, added features to, designed, and developed new back-end services that interact with home security panels and client APIs. Wrote APIs for these services. Integrated these services with existing systems
- Maintained legacy projects older than 10 years old by refactoring as needed to use newer APIs and methodologies, such as the Java Collections and Streams APIs
- Started new projects, such as integrations with APIs from clients and third-parties that notify end-users when a visitor rings their doorbell
B.S. Computer Science
Stetson University (2013 - 2016)
- Received formal education on data structures, algorithms, Java, PHP, Git, and Linux. Electives in web applications, network security, big data analytics, and artificial intelligence.
- Helped cofound Stetson Hacker Space — a student-run, technology-focused club who hosted the first hackathon at Stetson University (sudo HackStetson).
You’ve read this far
Give me a call or send me a message:
Check out the projects I’ve worked on: