I recommend visiting my LinkedIn. It is updated more frequently than this website.
I have experience in contributing to Java/Kotlin infrastructural back-end services written using the Spring Framework, advanced Linux system administration, and work great with diverse and distributed teams. I develop stable, tested, and continuously improved software. I am able to troubleshoot and analyze problems, then research and implement the most cost-effective and responsive solution.
Skills & Tools
- Algorithm analysis and software development, agile development
- Java, Kotlin, Spring Framework, Git, SQL, Gradle, JUnit, IntelliJ
- Linux, Amazon Web Services, RESTful APIs
Software Engineer (Mar. 2015 - Current)
- Collaborate with team members and clients spread across the world.
- Start and finish new projects, such as integrations with third-party APIs.
- Reduce various RESTful API response times from 1 second to under 200 milliseconds.
- Facilitate the adoption of emerging standards for software architecture and tools
- Introduce best practices to enhance release process and service stability.
- Lead migration from SVN to Git, from Spring MVC to Spring Boot, from Java 7 to Java 8.
- Maintain legacy projects more than 10 years old by refactoring to adapt and succeed.
Office Divvy Web Developer (Jun. 2011 - Oct. 2015)
- Maintain internal databases.
- Produce and maintain client websites so that they are search engine optimized.
- Mentor interns on how to develop client websites, maintain databases, interact with clients, and read official documentation.
B.S. Computer Science
Stetson University (2013 - 2016)
- Received formal education on data structures, algorithms, Java, PHP, Git, and Linux. Electives in web applications, network security, big data analytics, and artificial intelligence.
- Helped cofound Stetson Hacker Space — a student-run, technology-focused club who hosted the first hackathon at Stetson University (sudo HackStetson).
You’ve read this far
Give me a call or send me a message: